Extraordinary places/attractions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Extraordinary places/attractions

Post by jor on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:14 am

Here is to post extraordinary places/attractions........

The island of dolls....

It is one of the most creepiest tourist attractions in Mexico, known as “La Isla de la Munecas”, by the Spanish.Almost every tree growing on the island is decorated with old, mutilated dolls.

The story behind the island is about a hermit, Don Julian Santana, who moved to there to live alone even though he is married. He used to say he was haunted by the ghost of the little girl who had drowned in one of the canals around the island. Some say he used to fish the dolls from the water because he though they were real children, but the truth is he was collecting and placing them around his home as a shrine for the spirit that tormented him. At one point he even traded home grown fruit and vegetables for old dolls.

Ironically, in 2001 Don Julian Santana was found dead by his nephew, in the same canal that he said the little girl drowned in.

Some tourists who visited this place claim the dolls whisper and you must offer them a gift upon setting foot on the island, to appease their spirits.

Source: http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/mexicos-island-of-the-dolls-is-beyond-creepy.html

anyone wants to go there?

Last edited by Successor on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Help to host image.)

jor

Back to top Go down

Re: Extraordinary places/attractions

Post by Inachi on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:21 am

eeeeeksss.... the mutilated dolls are soooooo scary.

I wonder why there are tourists visiting that place, I wouldn't go, better be safe than sorry, I don't want to have nightmares with these scary dolls haunting me.

Thanks for sharing, I like to read all these scary things.

Inachi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:07 am

reminds me of chucky and goosebumps.

kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Successor on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Er, so how extraordinary is this? A special themed attraction rather? LOLS!
Looks like some halloween place.

BTW I've helped you properly host the image so the image will show.

When you kiss someone for a minute, you both burn about 2.6 calories.

According to that math, it would take about an hour of kissing to burn 156 calories. A person who runs for 45 at a 10mph pace burns 538 calories. Which one would you rather do?

I would rather kiss a person for 6 hours instead =)

Successor
Webmaster
Webmaster

http://celebs.talk-forums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jor on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:19 pm

cos hor those dolls that are hung on the trees and etc are not new wor... most of them are decaying ... and where u find this kind of thing except there?
i read from http://mschorlor.com/2010/04/03/the-haunted-island-of-dolls/ that tourists need 2 gain permission 2 visit and then also need 2 donate or give their unwanted dolls... well think if more pple keep on going there, then that place one day will be full of old dolls... and then need more space for them liao...even if the tourists need permission, but still they cannot always get rejected everytime bah.. i think that place will be e most old dolls collection in e whole world liao...

thanks for helping 2 host e image....

btw, anyone got any extraordinary places/attractions 2 share? in singapore -.- or other countries also can wor?

jor

Back to top Go down

Post by Successor on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Er..I find it disgusting if the dolls such decaying..Won't they give off smell? What if the people who donate dirty dolls, like those childhood dolls?

Singapore ah? Think also no need to think hor...

When you kiss someone for a minute, you both burn about 2.6 calories.

According to that math, it would take about an hour of kissing to burn 156 calories. A person who runs for 45 at a 10mph pace burns 538 calories. Which one would you rather do?

I would rather kiss a person for 6 hours instead =)

Successor
Webmaster
Webmaster

http://celebs.talk-forums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jor on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:43 pm

i think those tourists might give their dirty dolls sia...unwanted mah..and besides, that don julian trade his home grown vegetables and etc for old dolls.. at least at that time when he's alive, he will clean and take care of them.. now he's dead, no one takes care of them and left them decaying...-.-..

we never visit that place so dun knoe how e smell is like.. maybe very smelly... i think some tourists perhaps are too scared 2 say out bah?..

jor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top